welcome back to NO-‘POO WEEK!
do you have stinky hair from not washing from days on end? never fear! the no-‘poo stink eraser is here!
this is completely natural and super easy/fast! and the best part? you can take it wherever you go! double score!
– essential oil of your choice (lavender, vanilla, rose, orange, etc.)
– little travel spray bottle (can buy almost anywhere)
-* you may add up to a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per ounce for extra smell-fighting power (& a little grease fighting action!) if you add baking soda, you might want to keep it around your scalp so it doesn’t threaten to dry out the ends of your hair. otherwise, this mix can be used all over your hair.
-* you may add up to a 1/4 teaspoon vinegar (acv or white) per ounce for extra smell-fighting power. it won’t make you extra stinky! but for those with oily hair, it might not be the best option to put around your roots.
1. see how much your travel spray bottle holds. they’re usually about 2 ounces, or 1/4 of a cup. for every ounce (1/8 cup) your bottle holds, you will need about 5-10 drops of your essential oil, depending on what you like.
2. fill spray bottle up with water
3. add 5-10 drops of EO for every ounce of water
4*. add your baking soda and/or vinegar
5. shake & spray onto that stinky hair 😉
6*. you can put your blowdryer on COOL (only!) to dry your hair a little after this spray. but your hair shouldn’t be that wet.
now see how easy that is? you can rejoice by skipping yet another hair wash 😉
you of course can get a bigger spray bottle and make more at a time!
what do YOU do to keep the smell away??
(**i’m currently packing & moving across the country for my new job. woohoo! but i’m driving. boo! that means i’m a little absent around the blog lately…and probably will be till monday. i’m flooded with comments right now and will get to you as soon as i can. promise! i hate leaving you guys hangin!!)