hey AE readers! first, i want to thank you for your patience as i struggle to balance my new job and new life with my blog. i feel like no matter how many people i get back to, i always have over 100 comments to reply to afterwards (quite literally). i am doing my best to give you guys the attention you deserve for your questions with the time i have 🙂
this post will be short & sweet, but it’s something many of you have been asking for. so here goes!
summer time can really dry out hair, between all the sun, heat, and swimming. sometimes we need a good leave-in, right?
when to use a natural leave-on conditioner
- dry hair
- static-y hair (static is actually a lack of moisture)
- curly hair
- damaged hair
safe, natural leave-in conditioners
- argan oil ($10-15 per ounce)
- coconut oil ($10-12 per jar)
- dr bronner’s ($8 for 6 oz. it’s also now sold at walgreen’s!) (for me, this also doubles as shaving lotion)
- shea moisture ($10 for 4 oz spray)
- botanical skin works ($17 for 3.5 oz)
- giovanni ($6ish for 5.1 oz)
- gourmet body treats ($29 for 4 oz)
- intelligent nutrients (not too crazy about this one… but it’s $12 for 2 oz)
- acure organics (meh on this one too… but it’s $10 for 4 oz)
- mix your favorite organic conditioner (ideas here) with 4 parts water… shake and spray onto dry/damp hair!
- mix 1 part of your favorite carrier oil (melted coconut, jojoba, argan, etc) with 4 to 5 parts water. shake and spray onto dry/damp hair (oil and water don’t mix… so really shake and spray immediately)
- mix 1 part water to 3 parts pure, organic aloe vera (can add small amounts of vitamin e, coconut oil, etc). shake and spray onto dry/damp hair
you already know my recommendation is to use TINY amounts of unrefined virgin coconut oil and/or pure, organic, cold-pressed argan oil. i SWEAR by those two things!
any natural leave-ins YOU love?
we’re gonna tackle dandruff before friday this week! YAY! and hopefully detanglers early next week!