welcome back to SKIN WEEK!
this post, in contrast to yesterday, is all about natural/organic soaps. i know water-only washing isn’t an option for some, and i didn’t wanna leave ya hangin!
this is a SMALL list of the organic/all-natural soaps you can find. there are TONS out there!
- ancient olive
- bare body
- chagrin valley
- creating harmony
- dr bronners
- kiss my face
- opa’s soap
- rocky mountain
- rose of sharon acres
- shea moisture
- soap for goodness
- vegan essentials (links to lots of brands)
- 100% pure (seriously 100% Pure…anytime you wanna let me review products, lemme know!)
as i mentioned, there are TONS of brands of soaps out there that are organic and/or all natural. there are even lots of people that sell their personal creations for more reasonable prices. it’s just a matter of taking a trip down to your local organic store, or checking etsy. mountain rose herbs has a page for soaps HERE too. as always, just check the ingredients!
and remember that you don’t need to buy the ones in this post online. there are plenty of places (organic stores, some natural grocery stores, etc) that sell them.
you can also make your own bar soap! seriously! i don’t do that, so i won’t be posting about it. if y’all are interested, i can put up a few sources so you can check out the sources.
BUT…i will post THIS…
you need: all-natural bar soap, glycerin, & distilled water. that’s it!
1. grate your natural bar soap till you have 1 cup of soap flakes
2. mix 1 cup soap flakes, 1 tablespoon glycerin, and 8 cups water in a large pot/sauce pan
3. turn the heat to medium/medium-low, and heat it till the soap melts. it’ll only take a couple minutes.
4. let your new liquid soap cool, and put it into a soap dispenser. you can use it for body wash or hand soap.
* you can add carrier and/or EOs to your soap mixes, too! adding a tablespoon of coconut oil would be amazingly moisturizing!
BAM! easy peasy! and CHEEEAAAP!
but that’s not all! … you can also wash with oil!! (“whaaaat?!”)
yep! it’s like the OCM for your body!
why? – this won’t strip your skin of its natural oils. it’s the same principle as the OCM. it’s nourishing and very gentle!
- mix a carrier oil of your choice with a few drops of EOs of your choice, and put into a squeezy bottle/soap dispenser
- stand under hot water in the shower (keep your hair out of the hot water!) to open your pores and get the extra nasty off you (if there is any)
- grab a washcloth, wet it, and rub your body down
- add a few drops of your oil mix to your washcloth at a time
- wash your body in sections, remembering to add a few drops of your mix to your washcloth between body sections
- you may just rinse off under the water, or rinse your washcloth and use that to help rinse off
- finish off with a cold water rinse
that’s it! easy and completely customizable!
what a long post! well AE readers… what soaps do you love to use??
(tomorrow will be shaving day… sorry lovelies!)