to officially end Skin Week, i can’t imagine a more fantastic post!
Bev from Lemongrass Spa so very graciously sent over some of her natural beauty products to try…. and OH MY, guys.
i got the pleasure of trying these products! AND i got a handwritten letter!!! i was over the moon!
what is Lemongrass Spa?
- an all-natural, women-empowering company that sells handcrafted skin care products made in colorado. they sell a multitude of products related to body care, facial care, and hair care, such as: mineral makeup, makeup brushes, body polish, lotion, hand-cut soap, baby care, men’s products, hydrating body spritz, foot care soak, lip balm, body butter, and sunscreen.
and if you need more reasons to love this company, look at their information card –
seriously, if i had a company, THIS would be MY info card. haha
Bev is the awesome, awesome rep we have the absolute pleasure of working with for this review & give-away! just see what she stands for (taken from her personal Lemongrass Spa facebook page) –
“I am an organic advocate and believe that everything we put on or in our bodies has an effect on our health. I believe in the positive fundamental effects that an organic lifestyle can have on our bodies. I have spent years researching the best organic/natural health & beauty products, foods & home products. It is my desire to learn & share my knowledge with you.”
isn’t she the greatest?!
(full list of ingredients for all products will be added tonight!)
Pink Grapefruit Body Polish & Pomegranate Body Polish
- i used these before my shower and before shaving…. ooo la la, ladies! they left my skin feeling so soft! so, so soft. and they left a subtle sweet smell on my skin for a few hours after. the pink grapefruit smells really bright, tangy & sweet. the pomegranate smells like a deep sugary sweetness. it honestly makes you want to eat them!
- they’re a very fine, gritty texture (like a fine sugar) with the perfect amount of moisturization (i know that’s not a real word lol). it didn’t leave me greasy or anything! and they both rinsed off very clean in the shower.
- ingredients: (Sucrose)White Sugar, (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) SweetAlm ond Oil,(Cocos Nucifera)Coconut Oil, (Prunus Armeniaca) Apricot Kernel Oil, (Mangifera Indica Seed) Mango Butter, (Simmondsia Chinensis) Jojoba Seed Oil, Honey, Phthlate Free Fragrance Oil,(Vitis,Vinifera) Grapefruit Seed extract, natural colorants.
Oatmeal Milk & Honey Soap
- as you know, i’m a water-only washer, but i sure did make an exception for this soap! i used it on my arms and armpits. it smelt like a sweet, warming, old fashioned bowl of oatmeal. very calming to me personally!
- it lathered well for natural soap! and it left my arms/armpits feeling squeaky clean, but not too dry.
- ingredients – (Cocos Nucifera) Coconut Oil, (Elaeis Guineensis) Palm Oil, (Vitis Vinifera) Grapeseed Oil, Ground Oatmeal, Purified water, Goats Milk and phthalate free Fragrance
Pomegranate Hand & Body Lotion
- i tried a tiny bit of this (for reasons in the 3rd bullet), and liked it. it smells like pomegranate or cherry taffy in the bottle, and faded into a deep sugary smell on my skin. it felt like a thicker, luxurious lotion. it left me a little greasy at first, but soaked in within 10-15 minutes. a little went a long way with this stuff!
- ingredients: distilled water, aloe vera juice, sweet almond oil, vegetable emulsifier, stearic acid, glycerin, grapeseed oil, apricot kernel oil, fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil, primrose oil, shea butter, vitamin e oil, pomegranate seed extract, fragrance, and optiphen
- i wasn’t happy with the “fragrance” ingredient, as you know. but i was told it was phthalate-free! optiphen is banned in cosmetics in japan, and listed as a skin irritant in the EU. take it out, and you’ve got a deal! i HAVE to be honest with my readers!
Foot Fetish Kit (herbal soak, walnut foot scrub, & peppermint foot balm)
- honestly guys, this stuff is puuuure heaven. it’s my favorite of all of them (which is really hard for me to say, haha).
- the herbal soak was a salt herbal mix with peppermint. very invigorating for my poor feet!
- the walnut foot scrub was like a very, very, very fine sand. it had the distinct, warm walnut smell, and the faint smell of peppermint. sounds weird, but when you smell it, you’ll smell how perfect the combo is. never would’ve thought it! it’s a gentle yet effective exfoliator for feet. and it was very easy to rinse/clean off. i just swished them around in my bowl of herbal soak water. it left my feet soft!
- the peppermint foot balm reminded me of peppermint chapstick. it felt really great! but i think i used too much for one use, because my feet were a bit greasy. i just microwaved a pair of socks for 10 seconds and wore them over the extra foot balm. so freaking amazing. my feet were so soft after!
- how to: “soak your feet in warm water with the Herbal Foot Soak for 10 minutes. Massage your wet feet with the Walnut Foot Scrub. Rinse feet well; dry with soft towel, and apply the Peppermint Foot Balm. Your feet will feel soft & pampered!” doesn’t that sound so good?? for all of you that were looking for a foot product, THIS is it!
- ingredients: Herbal Foot Soak: (Magnesium sulfate)Epsom Salts,(Ricinus,communis) Castor Oil, (Mentha piperita) Peppermint Leaf, (Mentha,spicata) Spearmint Leaf, (Salvia officinalis) Sage, (Mentha,piperita), (Mentha,spicata),(Melaleuca alternifolia) Essential Oils of Spearmint, Peppermint and Tea Tree; Walnut Foot Scrub:(Sodium Chloride),Fine Sea Salt, (Helianthus annuus) Sunflower Oil, (Kaolinite) Kaolin Clay, Polyglucose, (Juglans nigra) Walnut Hulls, (Citrus limonum) Lemon Peels, (Citrus sinensis) Orange Peels,(Glycerin) Vegetable Glyercin, (Mentha piperita), (Mentha spicata), (Melaleuca), (Salvia officinalis) Essential Oils of Peppermint, Spearmint, Tea Tree & Sage, (Tocopherol) Vitamin E Oil; Peppermint Foot Balm: (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) Almond Oil, (Olea europaea) Olive Oil, (Simmondsia chinensis) Jojoba Oil, Beeswax, (Tocopherol) Vitamin E Oil,(Mentha piperita) Peppermint Essential Oil,(Melaleuca alternifolia) Tea Tree Essential Oil, and (Vitis vinifera) Grapefruit Seed Extract
Eternal Bliss Body Silk
- this lotion felt really good on my skin. it definitely had that “silky” feeling. a little went a long way with this stuff, and it soaked in quickly. it didn’t leave a film or a greasy feeling either. just soft skin!
- i was interested in seeing a full ingredients list, because it smells like those heavenly smelling salon shampoos.
- ingredients: purified water, aloe gel, vegetable glycerin, avocado butter, shea butter, meadowfoam oil, jojoba oil, emulsifying vegetable wax, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate(from cornstarch), silk amino acid, squalane, pomegranate seed extract, vitamin E oil, phthalate free fragrance, gluconolactone and sodium benzoate (preservatives).
**they also sell make-up that i completely give a THUMBS-UP to! and baby products!
so what’ the surprise? well, the give-away of course!
if you’d like to WIN some free Lemongrass Spa products (a full size body polish or a travel foot kit!)…
the give-away is open from today at 9am until august 12th at 11:59pm. Spread The Word!
TWO READERS WILL WIN!!
- must be 18 years+
- must be in the 50 US states (i’m sorry!)
- must enter through 1 or more of the entries
- two AE readers will win! the 1st to reply to their winner’s notice will receive first pick. 2nd will receive the other prize.
AND there’s even a JULY SPECIAL from Lemongrass Spa! with every $59 order, the next item is 20% off!! check it out below (and click to go to her site!)
generally speaking, you’d be crazy not to try these amazing, all-natural beauty products.
so get to it! ❤
and yes, we will still cover all the “skin” posts you guys asked for 🙂 duh!