2021 edit: i no longer subscribe to or support the “all-natural” label. more here.
this body spray is one of my favorite homemade beauty products! i’m so excited to share it with you!
please keep in mind this is a body spray and NOT a perfume. it will last a few hours, but we’re not adding any alcohol and we’re not waiting days or weeks to use it. BOOM!!
and the best part (besides it being really fast to make and all-natural) is that it will be YOUR signature scent!
and the second best part… it can be used on your skin AND hair!
please do consult your healthcare professional and local certified herbalist and aromatherapist to ensure any herbs and EOs used are okay for you (no contraindications for any ailments).
- dark glass spray bottle (amber or cobalt only. it will keep the EOs from degrading in the light.)
- your favorite EOs
- a carrier oil* (optional. the scent will last longer on your skin if you use one.)
- spring water, rose water, or witch hazel (NOT tap water!! i used rose water because i also used rose EO)
**this will be based on making 1 ounce of spray. if you like how it smells on your skin, you can make more and just use the same ratios 🙂
- pour 1oz of spring water/rose water/witch hazel into your clean dark glass spray bottle
- *if you’re using a carrier oil, mix your EOs into a small spoonful of a carrier oil first, then pour into the bottle
- drop a FEW drops of each of your EOs/carrier oil mix into the bottle. if you’re using 1 or 2 EOs, a few drops each will do. if youre using more, lessen the total amount of drops so you’re not spraying a strong EO mix directly onto your skin. am i explaining this properly?? lol. this step is completely experimental & that’s why i advise only making 1 ounce at a time. also, be careful with the EOs. they’re very strong, so always use less than what you think and you can work your way up to more drops if necessary. and please keep in mind the scent will wear differently on the skin than it smells in the bottle!! make it, spray it, then see how you can adjust it.
- screw the bottle’s lid on
- shake up well
- spray all over and bask in all your homemade, smell-good glory!!!
for mine, i used rose water, rose EO, and vanilla EO. my EOs were lightly diluted into jojoba oil before they went into the rose water in the bottle. i would love to use sweet almond oil next time! in this batch i used double the amount of vanilla drops compared to the rose. I LOVE IT!!! i’m obsessed with rose scent anyway, and thought the vanilla would add a softer, sugary tone to the bold floral scent. my old perfume was Princess by Vera Wang, and it was deliciously floral and sugary at the same time. i think my body spray is a great natural and super easy substitute! the rose EO scent alone stays on my skin almost all day, but the vanilla mixes so well to smell like a light, sugary flower. this spray lasts a few hours on me.
what do you think??
what EOs will you use for your body spray??
perfume post will be up soon…..