removing your makeup is essential before you go to sleep! but how do you remove it naturally and not bombard your delicate facial skin with unnecessary/toxic chemicals? here’s some ideas for ya!
to remove eye makeup (ONLY):
- unrefined coconut oil. seriously; that’s it! just put some unrefined CO on a warm, damp washcloth, and wipe your eye makeup away! wipe the excess oil off with the washcloth. please note that you should use CO to take off eye makeup ONLY. when used on the face, it will clog pores over time and lead to breakouts. no one wants that!
to remove facial makeup:
- jojoba oil (most like skin’s natural oil)
- or grapeseed oil
- optional – witch hazel
…and by now i hope you’re thinking…. “wait, just oil? then how do i do that?” enter the OCM! yes, it’s the same thing! i never use anything but the OCM and LOOOOVE it 🙂 i was going to just link you to this page to have you look over the whole OCM routine again. but i imagine y’all are just as lazy as me sometimes (ha), so i’ll do a little copy/paste so there’s one less click for ya! if you want to learn more though, check out the post!
*if you want to add witch hazel, use anywhere from 2 parts oil to 1 part WH, up to equal amounts of both.
how to use the OCM to clean your skin and remove your makeup:
- wipe your face (make-up) with warm water and a wash cloth
- slather a generous puddle of your oil or oil/witch hazel blend onto your face and massage gently for two minutes
- put the wash cloth under HOT water and gently wring out excess water so it doesn’t drip on you (don’t burn yourself! this is meant to “steam” your face)
- place washcloth over your face and relax until it cools off
- gently massage/wipe the oil from your face with the same wash cloth
- heat up the wash cloth again with the hot water
- place over your face again until it cools off
- massage/wipe off your face again with the wash cloth
- allow your skin to air dry
done! makeup-free, happy skin!