after posting my recipe for an all-natural hair gel, i’ve gotten quite a few requests for an all-natural diy hairspray.
here’s what i’ve come up with for my lovely crunchies! it’s a flexible hold hairspray 🙂
- 1 cup filtered* water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 6-10 drops of any EO you’d like
- bring your water to a boil
- add in your sugar. mix until dissolved.
- let cool to room temp
- * add EOs if you’d like
- put your new homemade hairspray in a spray bottle (i have a little glass one, but the travel ones are easy to find and cheap) and use as you would regular hair spray. you may need to use a funnel to get it in the bottle.
you can add more/less sugar in the mix for more/less hold, respectively. be sure you don’t add too much sugar or your hair will get sticky. also, i’ve seen quite a few recipes that add vodka or rubbing alcohol. you do NOT want alcohol in your hair! it’ll be extremely drying!