my pets are my babies! so if i’m all-natural for the sake of my health, why wouldn’t my pets be, too?!
well, they are! and yours can be, too!
all-natural pet cleansers (dogs & cats)
- mix 1 part of your favorite castile soap into 8 parts water. use as regular dog/cat wash.
- mix equal parts bentonite clay and raw acv. add aloe and/or honey for moisturization. rub the paste into their coat and rinse very well. don’t let the paste dry!! it will dry out their skin and coat!
- use plain ol aloe vera after their “shampoo” for extra conditioning
- use vinegar (white or apple cider) mixed with 3 parts water. pour this on your furry baby, rub into their coat, and rinse well. it’ll knock out any odors. and it’s great for those pets that don’t need a wash, just a deodorizer.
- *oatmeal – grind it up till it’s a powder and add it to any of the above for skin soothing properties and coat softening (especially with the castile soap)
- earth bath for dogs (it says puppy shampoo, but that’s because it’s gentler, and it’s already pH balanced)
- earth bath for dogs with sensitive skin/allergies
- earth bath for cats
- dr harvey’s herbal shampoo for dogs & cats
- doc ackerman’s oatmeal shampoo for dogs & cats
- dr bronner- shampoo & conditioner
- derMagic shampoo bars – please don’t buy these. they’re EXACTLY the same as a castile soap bar, at about 2x the price! i just wanted to show an example.
- any castile soap bar (think human shampoo bar/body wash bar…but castile soap only). *note – if you have hard water, don’t use castile soap. it’ll react with the minerals in your water and cause a soap scum build-up
you can buy the earth bath products online (think amazon, wag.com, chewy.com) and in stores (like petco).
the “buy these” list is pretty short because i either found a great shampoo that was ridiiiiculously overpriced, or they still had forms of sulfates or other chemicals in them i couldnt jive with. if you guys know of any others, please suggest them! 🙂
always check the ingredients on your furry baby’s products, just as you would your own!
how do you keep your pet clean?
*that black and white cutie is one of my doggies, Gunner. he’s a huge cuddle bug & scaredy cat. the brown & black cutie is one of my kitties, Charlie (Charlotte). she usually only answers to FatFat… (long story).