warm weather can mean extra sweating and extra smelling for some of us! i usually stick to my homemade deodorant made up of coconut oil, kaolin clay, and essential oils, which works swimmingly. however, in higher temperatures, i’ve found coconut oil to feel greasier than usual when used as deodorant… and that could very well just be me!
here’s a very easy DIY spray deodorant that’s anti-inflammatory (if you shave your underarms), anti-bacterial, and anti-stink.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- high quality salt (himalayan pink salt; Real Salt; etc.)
- witch hazel
- apple cider vinegar
- essential oil(s) of your choice
- in a small bowl or cup, add 1/2 tablespoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of acv, 5 tablespoons witch hazel, and 5-8 drops of an EO of your choice.
- mix well until salt is dissolved.
- put into spray container. apply to underarms and enjoy!
i have found this to be most effective when applied 2 times. i spray once, let it dry, and spray again.
my favorite combo so far has been peach witch hazel with lemon EO. it smells just like peach lemonade, and the smell of acv is completely (pinky swear) masked!
BONUS – this spray is also great for breakouts on your back and chest! spray onto dry skin wherever you have breakouts, and let air dry. reapply up to 2 times a day to diminish existing blemishes, and use once daily for upkeep. this will definitely be a necessity for me in the upcoming southern heat!
have you ever tried a salt deodorant spray? what are your favorite scent combinations? what have you found to be most effective at combating underarm stink?