this post is all about all-natural ways to refresh and renew your body this summer using MINT! mint is cooling, stimulating, and anti-inflammatory; the perfect summer plant!
these recipes are nice little refreshMINTs from head to toe!
please do consult your healthcare professional and local certified herbalist and aromatherapist to ensure any herbs and EOs used are okay for you (no contraindications for any ailments).
SOFTENING FOOT SOAK
- bowl big enough for your feet to fit in
- enough water to fill that bowl halfway full
- peppermint EO
- peppermint leaves (fresh or dried)
- epsom salt
using half of the water for the bowl, steep a very strong peppermint tea with the peppermint leaves. for the purpose of this soak, use once steeped, mix with the other half of the water and let cool till it’s only warm to the touch. next, add 10-15 drops peppermint EO and the epsom salt. stir a few times.
soak your feet for 10-15 minutes. pat mostly dry. this would be a nice time to follow up with your favorite moisturizing scrub to make your feet extra soft and smooth!
INVIGORATING BODY SCRUB
- medium bowl
- 1/4 cup of your favorite carrier oil or a mix of them (ex: can use a mix of coconut oil, kukui nut oil, and argan oil)
- 3/4 cup of your favorite exfoliator (could be ground walnut shells, finely ground almond meal, sea salt, etc)
- 15-20 drops peppermint EO
- optional – lavender EO, lemon EO, rosemary EO, dried flower petals, etc.
mix all ingredients together in a bowl well. scrub all over body and rinse well with cool water. enjoy your super smooth and refreshed skin!
store in a sealed container (may need to stay in the fridge if your house gets too warm). use within 3 months.
RENEWING BODY BUTTER
- 3/4 cup of your favorite butter or a combo of them (shea, mango, cocoa)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite carrier oil/combo of them (coconut, almond, argan, etc)
- 10-15drops peppermint EO
in a double burner on low heat, melt your butters until liquid. take off heat and add carrier oils. once mixed, add your peppermint EO and mix well.
this can be put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes and then whipped in a blender. OR you can simply put it in a sealed container and let it cool before use. use within 3 months.
COOLING EYE BALM
- 1/2 tbs of your favorite butter or a combo of them (shea, mango, cocoa)
- 1 tbs of your favorite carrier oil/combo of them (coconut, almond, argan, etc)
- 5-10 drops of your favorite nourishing oil (rosehip, tamanu, etc)
- 2-3 drops peppermint EO
in a double burner on low heat, melt your butters until liquid. take off heat and add carrier oils. once mixed and slightly cooled, add your nourishing oils and peppermint EO. mix well. use within 3 months.
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 3-5 drops peppermint EO
- optional – instead of 1/2 distilled water, use cooled green tea
in a spray bottle, add water, then peppermint EO. put the cap on, shake to mix, and spray on your face and body. use within the week.
COOLING FACE MASK
- 1/2 peeled cucumber
- 5-10 drops peppermint EO
blend cucumber very well. add peppermint EO and mix. apply to clean skin. let the mask sit for 10-15 m inutes and rinse well with cool water. be careful with the EO around your eyes. you can store excess in a sealed container in the fridge overnight if need be.
STIMULATING HAIR RINSE
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbs peppermint leaves (dried or fresh)
- optional – add 5-10 drops peppermint EO
- optional – add rosemary (leaves steeped with peppermint or the EO) and/or sandalwood EO for strengthening and growth stimulation
steep leaves into strong tea. let cool. add EOs if you wish. rinse through dry hair in the shower between wash days to refresh and stimulate the scalp. let sit for 5-10 minutes and rinse with cool water. use within the week if there’s excess.
BALANCING DETOX DRINK
- 8 cups water (64 oz)
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbs peppermint tea leaves
- 3 tbs hibiscus powder
- optional – raw honey to sweeten
steep peppermint leaves and hibiscus powder into a tea. let cool and strain. add juice from 1 lemon. add raw honey to sweeten if necessary, but it’s yummy and cooling as it is! store in the fridge and enjoy it within the week.
what are YOUR favorite MINT beauty recipes?