good morning, crunchies! let’s start this weekend off with a stellar face mask. it’s slightly warming to increase circulation, packed with antioxidants, and is anti-inflammatory. not to mention, with the increased circulation, your post-mask moisturizer will be more readily absorbed. double win, i’d say!
this recipe should make enough for one layer on your face.
tip: if you’d like to save time later, you can double/triple the recipe and store it in the fridge for a few weeks.
what you need:
- 1 tsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- ‘droplet’ sized dash of cinnamon*
- 15-25 drops of your favorite facial oil (enough to make it playdoh consistency)
- optional – 1/4 tsp of activated charcoal or spirulina for added detox/nourishment
- mix dry ingredients well
- add your oil/s a drop at a time until the mask has a thick and moist consistency, like playdoh
- lay a warm washcloth over your clean face to warm up any excess sebum. let sit for 30ish seconds
- spray your face will your favorite hydrosol, if needed, to keep it moist for spreading the mask. you know i adore Inflora Botanica’s rose water!
- apply mask in gentle, circular motions until evenly spread
- let sit for up to 45 minutes
- remove gently with warm washcloth
- apply favorite facial oil to moisturize
your face may be slightly reddened due to the warming action of the mask. this is normal and will subside within the hour. however, if your skin becomes irritated while wearing the mask, please remove it immediately. *some skin is more sensitive to cinnamon than others. please do a small patch test first. you may need an even smaller amount or not include it.
do you have any favorite cacao mask combinations? please share!
have a great weekend. all my love.