hi crunchies! comin at ya today with a super cool hair smoothie that can also be eaten. yes. yes, you did read that correctly. who said we couldn’t play with our food?
at this point, i don’t think can refute my need to diy and multitask…
each ingredient helps to hydrate and nourish your scalp, as well as your body.
this recipe is enough for 1 scalp application and 1 consumable smoothie.
- 1/2 cucumber – high in silica and water content; hydrates and boosts shine
- small handful of spinach – rich in biotin; building block for hair/skin/nails and encourages growth
- 1/2 inch ginger – contains essential vitamins that promote hair growth
- 1/2 cup papaya – high in vitamin C; hydrates scalp and nourishes follicles to prevent excess shedding
- 1/2 cup blueberries – rich in bioflavanoids; promotes circulation and boosts shine
- 1/2 cup strawberries – rich in biotin and vitamins; nourishes scalp and encourages growth
blend all ingredients together. apply mix to scalp and allow to sit for 30 to 60 minutes. immediately consume the leftovers, if desired.
note 1 – i used fresh fruit so water wasn’t needed to get it to blend.
note 2 – blueberries could temporarily stain your scalp if you’re especially pale (holla) but it easily rinses out.
enjoy your double-duty smoothie!
*pic from @healthy_life_by_katy