tonight let’s go over a super simple but effective DIY for a silky, relaxing, nighttime body balm.
this recipe only includes 3 ingredients and does not require heat. and guys – IT SMELLS SO GOOD. it’s a complex yet light floral scent, but does not linger long on the skin.
swoon-worthy. you need this waiting for you on your bedside table.
as this is anhydrous, feel free to store it at room temperature in an air-tight container. use 30 minutes to right before your bed time (on feet and body), and let the wonderful aroma help you unwind from the day. i also love this because you wake up with silky smooth skin and feet!
please note the links provided are for your benefit only. they are not affiliate links nor do i benefit in any way – the companies are unaware of this post 🙂
- 4 ounces monoi de tahiti oil
- this is coconut oil with macerated gardenias, so do not apply to face
- the source linked is the only one i can find that properly macerates the gardenias. please let me know if you find another!
- 2 mL cape chamomile (or german chamomile)
- prized and touted as the rare and ultimate relaxant EO, as reflected in the steeper price
- not related to german chamomile; not a suitable substitute, but you could try lavender EO
- 4 dropper fulls of this magnesium oil
- magnesium can help promote deeper sleep and muscle relaxation. however, check out a post i did here on the science of it.
- blend monoi de tahiti oil, chamomile EO, and magnesium until well incorporated in a small bowl
- transfer to UV-blocking, airtight container
- store at room temperature
- use before bed
sweetdreams. xo, alexraye