hi loves! with this post i’m sharing a belly butter that was inspired by a peachy-colored “all-over” balm i made for my friend.
this is for all our pregnant peeps out there that want to keep their skin moisturized. it also helps with itching and scarring, which i hear happens when your stomach skin stretches to grow a human. seriously, growing a whole human being inside of you? badass.
this is anhydrous, so it doesn’t need a preservative system. it’s pretty easy to make, too! it should take about a half hour from start to finish.
it’s a great gift idea!
>>> makes 6 ounces. // store tightly sealed and away from sunlight. // toss after 1 year. // apply to dampened skin for best results.
RECIPE: 1 ounce oil & 5 ounces butter
- 5 oz unrefined shea butter
- 1/4 ounce tamanu
- 1/4 ounce rosehip co2
- 1/2 ounce marula oil
- 5 mL calendula co2
need help sourcing ingredients? i have a post HERE to help (no affiliate links, etc).
- in a double boiler, melt your shea butter until completely liquid. this should only take a few minutes.
- remove from heat once melted. let cool for 1-2 mins.
- add calendula co2 and mix well. this ingredient is the consistency of ear wax. make sure it melts and mixes evenly!
- add rosehip co2, tamanu oil, and marula oil. mix well.
- carefully pour into a balm container with a tight fitting lid*.
- let cool at room temperature overnight OR for best results, blast chill for 20 minutes in the freezer and remove.
*- you can use two 3 oz jars, 3 two oz jars.. depends on what you have / what you find. i recommend to use wide-mouth cosmetic jars, so it’s easy to scoop product out.